Here is a quick start guide for publishing a Python package on conda-forge. More information can be found in this video tutorial.
- Install conda-build using:
conda install conda-build
- Create the conda recipe using:
conda skeleton pypi package-name
- Make changes to the recipe (meta.yaml) by following this example. A few key items to change: add
noarch: pythonunder the
buildsection; remove all packages except
hostsection; specify a python version (e.g., >=3.6) for both the
aboutsection; add your GitHub username to the
- Fork https://github.com/conda-forge/staged-recipes
- Add your package recipe to
- Commit changes and push to GitHub
- Submit a pull request (e.g., https://github.com/conda-forge/staged-recipes/pull/14285)
- Wait for the recipe to pass all checks
@conda-forge/help-pythonto let them know that your recipe is ready for review.
- Once your recipe is accepted, your package feedstock should become available within a few hours (e.g., geodemo-feedstock).
- The link to your package on conda-forage should be https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/package-name, such as https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/geodemo
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Qiusheng Wu by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!